Your initial investment advisor registration is the foundation of your practice. Whether you seek SEC or state filing status, the Mutual Securities team and its compliance partner, Advance Regulatory Compliance, Inc. (ARC) utilize a diligent, proven approach to get your firm effectively registered and to provide a solid footing for your firm's future. You are not alone. Together Mutual and ARC have helped firms of all shapes and sizes get on the road to compliance and stay there.
Advance Regulatory Compliance, Inc., a Trusted Partner
Advanced Regulatory Compliance, Inc. (ARC) is a national full-service investment advisory compliance consulting firm backed by its association with The Law Offices of Patrick J. Burns, Jr., P.C., a securities law firm. The explosive growth of the investment advisory business over the past few years created a need for a firm such as ARC to help investment advisors deal with their ever increasing compliance obligations in a challenging regulatory environment. ARC provides practical solutions to complex compliance issues. Our key services include investment advisor registrations, mock audits, annual reviews, due diligence/verifications, and compliance support and consultations. ARC's highly skilled professionals provide compliance support to a variety of firms, from start up investment advisors to multi-billion dollar practices.
ARC's key services are:
1) Investment Advisor Registration
Advanced Regulatory Compliance, Inc. is well equipped to assist individuals seeking to form new state or SEC registered investment advisors. The process of starting a new investment advisory practice can seem overwhelming. ARC makes the process easy by enabling firms to outsource the registration process. Our typical engagement is based on a flat fee, which is dependent upon the scope of the work and includes all or some of the following areas:
• Creation of all advisory documents including Form ADV Parts 1 and 2, investment management and financial planning/consultation agreements
• Schedule H and a Wrap Fee Brochure, if applicable
• Formation of an appropriate legal entity, such as a limited liability company or sub-chapter
• Development of Written Supervisory Procedures tailored to the firm's practice
• Development of an Investment Policy Statement and Client Questionnaire
• Review of Proposed Marketing Materials (i.e., newsletters, web sites, etc.)
• Creation of Solicitors Agreements and Solicitation Disclosure Statements
• Several hours of consultations and/or document drafting revisions
2) Mock Audits
ARC is available to assist investment advisory seeking an assessment of their compliance program through a mock audit. The prospect of having a state securities or SEC examiner knock on your door and staying to conduct an examination makes a lot of firms nervous. ARC can help put your firm at ease by performing a mock audit. We examine your books and records, assess your compliance program, and if requested, we will issue a written report of our findings. Knowing how your firm might fare during an actual regulatory examination allows you to get a jumpstart on addressing compliance issues before the state or SEC visits your firm.
3) Annual Reviews
ARC is well equipped to assist firms which are subject to SEC Rule 206(4)-7. This Rule requires that investment advisory firms conduct an annual review of the effectiveness of their compliance program. ARC start